Custom Made Roman Blinds
Custom Roman blinds are a type of window treatment that consists of horizontal slats or panels of fabric that stack up evenly when the blinds are raised and extend flat when lowered.
The term “Roman blinds” can sometimes be used interchangeably with “Roman shades,” but traditionally, Roman blinds are constructed with horizontal slats or panels, whereas Roman shades are made with a single panel of fabric. The slats in custom Roman blinds can be made of various materials such as wood, bamboo, aluminum, or fabric-covered plastic.
Custom Roman shades are a type of window treatment that consists of a single panel of fabric that folds or stacks up evenly when the shades are raised and unfolds to cover the window when lowered. They are designed to provide privacy, light control, and enhance the aesthetic appeal of a room.
Custom Roman shades are tailored to fit individual windows, ensuring a precise fit and customized design. They are created based on specific measurements and can be customized with various fabrics, colors, patterns, textures, and opacities. This allows homeowners to select a fabric that complements their interior design, matches their style, and meets their functional needs.
Learn the Difference
Custom Roman blinds and custom Roman shades for windows are both types of window treatments that share some similarities but also have distinct differences. Here are the key differences between the two:
- Design and Construction: Custom Roman blinds are made with horizontal slats, usually made of wood, bamboo, or other materials, that stack up when the blinds are raised and extend flat when lowered. The slats can be tilted to control the amount of light and privacy. On the other hand, custom Roman shades are made with a single panel of fabric that folds or stacks up evenly when raised and unfolds to cover the window when lowered. They don’t have slats and provide a softer, more streamlined appearance.
- Light Control: Custom Roman blinds offer more versatile light control options. The tiltable slats allow you to adjust the angle and direction of incoming light, providing various levels of privacy and light filtering. Custom Roman shades, on the other hand, provide either light-filtering or blackout options. They can gently diffuse light or block it out entirely when fully lowered, but they don’t offer the same level of adjustability as blinds.
- Fabric Choices: Custom Roman blinds typically have limited fabric options since they are primarily constructed with slats. The focus is more on the material and finish of the slats themselves. Custom Roman shades, on the other hand, offer a wider range of fabric choices. They can be customized with various fabrics, patterns, colors, and textures, allowing for greater design flexibility and the ability to match the decor of the room.
- Style and Aesthetics: Custom Roman blinds and custom Roman shades have different visual appearances. Roman blinds with their slats create a more structured and formal look, suitable for traditional or classic interior styles. Roman shades, with their soft fabric panels, offer a more elegant and contemporary look, fitting well with a variety of design aesthetics.
- Operation: Custom Roman blinds are typically operated using a cord or a chain mechanism that allows you to raise, lower, and adjust the slats. Some modern options also offer cordless or motorized operation for convenience and child safety. Custom Roman shades are primarily operated with cords, although cordless and motorized options are also available. The cords are used to raise and lower the shade to the desired height.
Ultimately, the choice between custom Roman blinds and custom Roman shades depends on personal preference, desired style, light control needs, and the overall aesthetic of the space. Both options offer unique benefits and can enhance the functionality and appearance of your windows.